Update: 3 April 2020
The Meetings Show official statement
Whilst The Meetings Show team continues to assess developments and the impact of Coronavirus COVID-19 on the global events industry, our priority remains to protect the health and welfare of our valued clients, partners, visitors and employees.
The constantly changing landscape means we often need to reassess the situation and be guided by the UK government, its health officials as well as industry bodies.
We are committed to supporting the industry and will remain in touch with stakeholders. We will continue to share news with our community as quickly as possible.
The UK's Chief Medical Officers have stated that the risk to individuals in the UK from COVID‐19 is high and as a UK‐based event, the risk is also high. However, we understand the situation is changing on a daily basis, so will commit to do the following:
Before The Meetings Show, we will continue to:
- Be in close contact with the venue, Olympia London, to keep up to date on developments and advice from authorities.
- Raise awareness of latest WHO and NHS advice with regards to the COVID-19 with our stakeholders.
- Communicate the latest news with exhibitors via the website and email communications.
- Stay in contact with registrants to update them on any developments.
- Provide links to the latest information from the authorities.
At the event:
- We will continue to work closely with the venue to monitor the onsite situation.
- We will provide hand sanitisers and signage at the event in areas that visitors and exhibitors congregate e.g. registration, info points, lounges, theatres and washrooms.
- We will install signs in all public toilets to alert visitors and exhibitors to the importance of handwashing and basic hygiene to arrest the spread of germs in line with WHO recommendations.
- The onsite medical team have been made aware of the signs and symptoms of the virus and what actions to take if they suspect anyone of having had the virus.
For the most up to date information on the COVID-19, please visit: